What is this page for?
In response to the COVID-19 crisis ADI will be continually updating these web pages with advice, resources, case studies, tools and updates to help our network in their own responses.
For specific information relating to individual countries, please visit the websites of our members across 100 countries. Many of our members now have advice and support at national, regional and local levels on their website and many are continuing to run helplines, some with extended hours.
Older people, especially living with dementia, may become more anxious, angry, stressed, agitated, and withdrawn during the outbreak and it is easy to become overwhelmed with the scale and frequency of news updates. For those in quarantine these difficulties may be further exacerbated.
Whether you are a person living with dementia, a carer, a healthcare professional, or otherwise, we want to provide you with information that could help alleviate some of these challenges. We all need to provide and exchange practical and emotional support during this difficult time.
In response to the global COVID-19 outbreak, ADI has been adapting our work and working closely with our members to best support the millions of people affected by dementia globally, who are particularly at risk during this time.
Given the success of our member webinars, we wanted to take the opportunity to showcase the inspiring work that is being done by ADI’s member associations and other organisations to support people living with dementia, their families and carers during COVID-19.
Our webinars around COVID-19 include:
- COVID-19 vaccines: The global dementia community & how you can help (24 February)
- Dementia risk reduction in the age of COVID-19 (27 October)
- Dementia care & Palliative care: during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic (12 October)
- Innovating for the new normal: Experiences from around the world (15 July)
- The hidden casualties of COVID-19: revealing the emergency in care homes and the lessons learnt in day care (3 June)
- Future gazing: COVID-19 and dementia (6 May)
- Supporting people with dementia during COVID-19: experiences and advice from around the world (22 April)
Download ADI’s social media assets here:
- Advice for persons living with dementia: Facebook/Twitter, Instagram
- Advice for carers of persons living with dementia: Facebook/Twitter, Instagram 1+2
- Advice for persons living with dementia (Spanish): Facebook/Twitter, Instagram
- Advice for carers of persons living with dementia (Spanish): Facebook/Twitter, Instagram 1 + 2