What is this page for?
In response to the COVID-19 crisis ADI will be continually updating these web pages with advice, resources, case studies, tools and updates to help our network in their own responses.
For specific information relating to individual countries, please visit the websites of our members across 100 countries. Many of our members now have advice and support at national, regional and local levels on their website and many are continuing to run helplines, some with extended hours.
Older people, especially living with dementia, may become more anxious, angry, stressed, agitated, and withdrawn during the outbreak and it is easy to become overwhelmed with the scale and frequency of news updates. For those in quarantine these difficulties may be further exacerbated.
Whether you are a person living with dementia, a carer, a healthcare professional, or otherwise, we want to provide you with information that could help alleviate some of these challenges. We all need to provide and exchange practical and emotional support during this difficult time.
Resources for carers and people living with dementia
- Dementia Alliance International’s infographic for people living with dementia during the COVID-19 pandemic
- University of Nottingham’s free ‘Foundations in Dementia’ course with a new edition around COVID-19
- UK – A UK-based carer support group on Facebook
- Ireland – Care Alliance Ireland’s advice for family carers
- UK – Dementia UK’s information for families looking after people with dementia
- UK – Dr Jennifer Bute’s advice on dementia and COVID-19
- STRiDE dementia – Supporting people living with dementia and their carers in low and middle income countries
- Meri Yaadain’s guidance on Maintaining faith based practices for a relative living with dementia during Ramadhan
- USA – New York Times article ‘When Dementia Meets the Coronavirus Crisis’
- UK – NHS mental health hotline for staff tackling COVID-19
- Sweden – Swedish Care International’s Q&A series to support caregivers and people with dementia
- USA – Medicare Plan Finder: Useful statistics, tips and statistics for caregivers
Information and support for refugees, BAME, Indigenous and other marginalised groups
- UK – The Guardian article: Racial inequality in Britain found a risk factor for COVID-19
- USA – New York Times article: Black Americans Face Alarming Rates of Coronavirus Infection in Some States
- Updates on Migrant Live-in Care in Austria at the time of COVID-19: A Glimpse into the Media
- UK – Galdem: Creator of ‘You Clap For Me Now’ coronavirus video on remembering immigrant key workers
- Australia – COVID-19 information & resources for Aboriginal communities
- Canada – COVID-19: Indigenous awareness resources
- COVID-19 Materials Developed for Tribal Use
- USA – COVID-19 Resources for Indigenous People
- COVID-19 and Indigenous Communities Webinar
- USA – COVID-19 in Indian Country Webinar
- USA – COVID-19 Tribal Resource Center
- Australia – Devex article: Can the development sector protect indigenous communities from COVID-19?
- UK – The Guardian article: Native Americans being left out of US coronavirus data and labelled as ‘other’