The Elected Board concerns itself with matters of vision and mission of the organisation. It approves the strategy and the annual business plan and budget. It supports and questions the work of the CEO and acts as a sounding board on matters of key importance to the organisation.
Board members are volunteers chosen on the basis of their background to ensure that they can understand all issues related to the organisation’s values, operations and management. They are also chosen on the basis of geographical balance to ensure ADI truly represents the global voice on dementia. Board members also represent ADI whenever necessary. The Board has committees including the Finance and Risk Committee and the Membership Committee, which discuss issues between Board meetings and make recommendations back to the Board.
Current board members
- Mr Dale Goldhawk, Canada, Chair
- Mr Andrew Ketteringham, UK, Vice Chair
- Mr John Grosvenor, UK, Treasurer
- Dr Alireza Atri, USA, Chair of MSAP
- Mr Paul Attea, USA
- Dr Paola Maeso, Uruguay
- Ms Meera Pattabiraman, India
- Dr Jesus Ma Rodrigo, Spain
- Dr Ameenah Sorefan, Mauritius
- Ms Kate Swaffer, Australia
- Dr Huali Wang, P.R. China