On 10 May 2019, ADI held the third of three webinars in our global webinar series ‘Let’s Talk About Dementia Research‘. The final webinar was titled Maintaining Hope When Trials End.
This webinar featured a panel including:
- Pippa Kelly, Author, dementia blogger, writer and public speaker
- Howard Gordon, Global Advocate for Dementia and Rights
- Dr Martin Traber, Global Medical Lead, Alzheimer’s Disease, Roche
- Dr Philipp von Rosenstiel, Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development, Biogen
- Dr Eliezer Masliah, Director of the Division of Neuroscience, National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- Professor Craig Ritchie, Chair, Psychiatry of Ageing, University of Edinburgh and Director of the Centre for Dementia Prevention
- Paola Barbarino, CEO Alzheimer’s Disease International
‘Let’s Talk About Dementia Research: Maintaining Hope When Trials End’ examines the perspective of pharmaceutical companies and the hopes and frustrations of conducting dementia research and clinical trials. The webinar also focuses on important questions in order to better understand why trials are discontinued and what can be expected in the future, as well as the role of the media in how clinical trials are reported – especially when discontinued.