On 8 February 2019, ADI held the second of three webinars in our global webinar series ‘Let’s Talk About Dementia Research’. The second webinar was titled Global Barriers and Access to Trials.
This webinar featured a panel including:
- Pippa Kelly, Author, dementia blogger, writer and public speaker
- Howard Gordon, Global Advocate for Dementia and Rights
- Dr Martin Traber, Global Medical Lead, Alzheimer’s Disease, Roche
- Dr Philipp von Rosenstiel, Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development, Biogen
- Dr Eliezer Masliah, Director of the Division of Neuroscience, National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- Professor Craig Ritchie, Chair, Psychiatry of Ageing, University of Edinburgh and Director of the Centre for Dementia Prevention
- Paola Barbarino, CEO Alzheimer’s Disease International
‘Let’s Talk About Dementia Research: Global Barriers and Access to Trials’ compares the research available in low- and middle- income vs. high- income countries, building on previous themes and drilling down into new areas such as access to research, with a particular focus on barriers, enablers, and opportunities.