This guide was designed for the World Alzheimer’s Month 2023 campaign but can be used for other advocacy and awareness campaigns, as well as events that you or your organisation may be hosting.
Versions in English, French and Spanish can be downloaded on the right-hand side of the page.
In this guide, you can learn about:
- The importance of working with the media
- Strategies for liaising with television, radio and print media
- Steps for organising a media-centric event
- Advice for speaking to the media, before you meet and during your conversation
- Tips for drafting an effective press release
This guide may be especially useful for Alzheimer and dementia organisations, advocacy groups, communication professionals, event organisers and anyone interested in leveraging media to amplify awareness around Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.