Federação Brasileira das Associações de Alzheimer (Febraz) was founded in 1996 and has been a member of ADI since then. In 2018, the organisation got formally constituted as a civil society
Febraz is based in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a federation, Febraz brings together four Alzheimer associations – ABRAZ (Associação Brasileira de Alzheimer), APAZ (Associação de Parentes e Amigos de Pessoas com Alzheimer), IAB (Instituto Alzheimer Brasil) and Instituto Não Me Esqueças – with branches in more than 23 Brazilian states, covering most of Brazil’s territory.
Febraz is a member of the STRiDE Network, as well as Alzheimer Iberoamerica, which is made up of 20 associations across the Caribbean, Latin America and Spain.
Some of the initiatives led by Febraz include:
- Empowering its member associations
- Sharing best practices and ideas
- Facilitating research and joint projects
- Expert consultancy
- Advocating for the rights of people living with dementia and their care partners
- Developing campaigns to eradicate stigma