Fight Dementia and Care Organisation – Tanzania was founded by Ssenku Safic and was officially registered in 2020. The association became a member of ADI in 2021.
The association is based in Arusha, Tanzania, and has branches in the Manyara and Tanga regions.
The organisation is proud to support family carers of people living with dementia and help improve rates of dementia diagnosis, care and treatment (post diagnostic dementia care), as well as raising awareness all over Tanzania.
Some of the services provided by the association include:
- Support groups for family carers of people living with dementia
- Counselling services for family carers of people living with dementia
- Training for family carers of people living with dementia
- Day care services
- Home-based care services for people living with dementia
- End of life palliative care
- Aged palliative care to elderly people in the later stages of frailty
- Short online courses for health workers to increase and improve dementia diagnosis and post-diagnostic care and treatment services
- Webinars/seminars/workshops for health workers
- Awareness raising and education events
- Working with the Ministry of Health’s department of curative services regarding the implementation on the Strategy for the provision of health services to older people in Tanzania 2021-2031